Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Good Day Fishing!


After a long spring not being able to fish much, I was able to get out and wet a line. I took a friend fishing as he wants to learn the art of fly fishing. We went to my favorite local pond to catch some native brookies. They have stopped stocking this pond several years ago and the fish are really catching on. We where into fish cast after cast, but these fish were about 3-6". But my buddy is loving it, because he is catching fish. I didn't fish for awhile wanting him to catch as many as he could and help him with the cast. I was able to hook on to several 12"+ fish later in the day before the thunderstorm rolls in. This is another story. On my last cast, with a large olive caddis fly. A large fish was setting up for attack on the fly. You could see the wake as he approached the fly and with a loud swoosh sound he took the fly on the end of my 2wt rod. Now that rod can have a bend in it. After a small battle I landed a nice 15" brook trout. My nicest fish from this pond.

What a Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog Jason. Good job. Yeah, know the pond you speek of. Wish I had a "beater canoe" to leave here over the season....You may know this already but that pond has a nice Hex hatch in June if you can catch it. They hatch late in the day if I remember correctly... Good luck. Keep up the good work...