Saturday, June 17, 2006

Misery Pond Camping


I left home @ 2am head for the Capital Rd. With a brief stop at the East Outlet of the Kennebec. I rolled in at the Kennebec @ about 5:15am, not a bad trip. It was raining hard until I reached Waterville, which got me a bit nerves. I quickly started fishing and was surprise that the water was so low. I could wade further this day then any other day I've fished here. I fished for a couple of hours with no fish to net, but did have a couple bumps. So, I was now off the find the buddy's at the campsite. They were staying at Misery Stream and planned on moving to Misery Pond later that day. I did find them without any troubles. Thank god for the Maine Atlas.

We ended up moving camp that afternoon, as they were staying an addition 4 days then I. We fished the pond that evening with nothing. But planned on hitting it early. How come supper always taste better at a campsite?

My friend Bob woke up early to hit the pond at sunrise and got fishing. As I awoke I heard him talking about he had caught 3 nice brookies and he brought one back for breakfast. I seem to jump out of bed real quick when I hear fish being caught. I proceeded to get my stuff ready to fish and was out on the pond before you knew it. I was able to fish for a few hours before the rain came pouring down. That was the end of fishing. I don't mind fishing in the rain,but with it coming down that hard I couldn't see the water.

So, for me only one small brookie at the the stream site, but a great time with friends. I managed to get this great picture of the pond. Misery Pond really isn't a misery.

2 comments:

Jason P. said...

are you coming back this way?

Anonymous said...

I stole this pic for my desktop. Glad you had fun! :)